Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Exciting News!!!

Hello all of you out in blogger land!


It has been awhile since my last blog, and there is lots to catch up on! As many of you know, we moved to Burley in May, and for those of you who have been asking for our address it is 1518 Overland Ave., Burley, ID 83318. Right now we are renting this cute little older home and we are having fun and getting to know our new ward. Here are some pictures of our cute little home:


It's a fun little home. Oh, for those of you wondering about the lady from our last blog, we won in court and she has paid us back our deposit. I had to pierce my lips together to stop myself from arguing, because there were some major whoppers they told in court! But, we won and I am glad that is over with.
I got a new job. I am a teller for Zions Bank. It's pretty fun and I like the people that I work with. It's nice because when I leave, I don't have work on my mind, I can just go home and not worry about people, that I need to get this and this done, it's pretty cushy.
I was going to get a teaching job for the upcoming school year, but it doesn't seem to be the right time. Mainly because..... I'M PREGNANT!!!!! We are so dang excited! It has been almost 2 years of trying, and I had almost given up and was going to make an appointment, to see if we could get some help. It was kind of a "surprise." My feet were swelling really bad, and I thought it was because of my new job, where I had to stand on my feet all day, and it was hot, so I thought it was because of that. Mark, on the other hand, said, I think it's because you're pregnant. I didn't feel any different so I just laughed at the notion. But he persisted, so I told him that if he thought I was then he needed to get me a pregnancy test. Well, that night he came home with, yup, a pregnancy test.
My body has been out of wack for about 2 years, so going a couple months without a cycle, was starting to become a norm, which I though was the case here. Mark was outside, and I went and took the test. As I wasn't expecting anything (as many tests have said no) I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw "pregnant" written in the little window. I couldn't believe it! So, I set the test on the counter and went about doing things around the house. Mark came in, saw the test, and leaned over. He did a double take, and then looked at me with a big grin on his face. Needless to say, with so many negative results, I took another test the next day and was elated to get the same result! So I made a doctor's appointment, and guess what, I'm still pregnant! :-)
So that is our way exciting news! We can't wait for the baby. Since I had no idea how far along I could be the doctor did an ultrasound and there was a little baby in there! I almost started crying I was so happy! I am about 2 months along and due on February 20th. I've even started to make some things for the baby! I'm so excited!
Anyway, we hope that everyone is doing well and that you are happy, as we are deleriously happy here!

13 comments:

Kris said...

Congrats! I know what it's like to have to try for so long. It sure gets frustrating. Keep us posted on your pregnancy and when you find out the gender (if you plan on finding out early). I only have 3 months to go until we have our baby girl! Our kids will only be about 4 months apart!

Welch Mom said...

Halee and Mark,
We are so happy for you both about your house and the baby! Congrats and keep us posted on your blog!

Robert Gilliland said...

Congratulations on your exciting news! We are happy for you! Keep us posted. Our Love, The Gillilands

Jessica said...

I am so excited for you!!! And so excited that you updated your blog!
Can't wait to see lots of cute pregnancy pictures in the months to come!

Beth and Wayne said...

Congratulations on your news, I am excited to hear of the pregnancy progress! Best to both of you!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations Halee!! That is so exciting. Good luck in the upcoming months as you prepare for your little bundle of joy. You are in for so much joy.

Julie said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so thrilled for you! New town, new job, new house, and a baby on top of it all! This is wonderful! Congratulations!

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

Well congrats! Savannah was born on Feb 21st! They will be like almost exactly 1 year apart - of course pending when you ACTUALLY deliver! Starting to make things is good as it will come much quicker than you anticipate!

Steven said...

wahooo!!! hold on, you are fast approaching the wildest ride of your life! You'll be a great Mom.

Melea said...

Congratulations - I'm so excited for you!

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

Todd says... totally know what you mean about looking at the ultrasound! Always loved hearing that little heartbeat at every appt. Rock on!

Chris and Whit said...

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Congratulations you guys!!! Everything seems to be going so great for you guys and we couldn't be more happy for you! Let us know if you need help making anything to make way for baby!

Robb said...

Hey that is great news guys, on all accounts. Children are really the greatest experience there is, even when they are driving you nuts they have a way of melting your heart the next minute.